Let's watch Ed teach us how to airbrush cakes, cookies, fondant bows - everything really! These techniques apply to all confections! He also teaches you how to make your own metallic airbrush color using our 100% Edible Luster Dust and The Color Solution! Be sure to bookmark this link to your browser - you will come back time and time again to learn from the Master Airbrush Instructor, Ed the Cake Guy!
AIRBRUSHING TUTORIAL AND MAKING AIRBRUSH COLORS WITH EDIBLE LUSTER DUST!
Products Used Are Linked At The End: Wedding Gold and The Color Solution
For the fondant bow, Ed decided to airbrush using The Pegasus, Wedding Gold Luster Dust and our Color Solution to make the most incredible metallic airbrush color! Watch the full tutorial above to learn how to do that!
When making metallic airbrush colors, you need a more liquid consistency - this is why Ed only adds 1/3 of luster dust to 2/3 Color Solution in his small Squeeze Bottles - click here to see!
Our Top Selling Luster Dusts are an amazing product you can airbrush, dry dust on any confection or - even paint! Posted below are some amazing tutorials on Edible Luster Dust (Sterling Pearls) and how to use them for all of your cakes, cookies or other confections!
Luster Dust on Cookies
Luster Dust on Chocolate
Difference between Luster Dust and Edible Glitter
CLEANING YOUR AIRBRUSH
Follow Ed's Directions above for cleaning your airbrush and read below for the list of steps he recommends:
- Pop the needle out entirely (see above video), very carefully, to clean this part of your air gun.
- To do this - loosen the tension nut on the back of the airbrush where it is attached, it looks like a bullet with hash marks. The needle should slide out, if it doesn't - use pliers and pull it out. Again, carefully. 90% of the time, this is the cause. The needle is seized at the front of the airbrush.
- Once you are able to remove the needle, make sure that it is clean. Just wipe it down with a wet paper towel, always going from back to front TOWARD the needle. Not front to back.
- Then reinsert the needle and tighten the tension nut once again. Soak the entire air gun in warm water for 5 minutes at minimum, preferably 15 mins. Turn the compressor on at 15 minutes and jiggle the trigger while under water, this will help clean everything thoroughly.
- Finally, put your finger on the tip of the air gun - while it's turned on - where the color comes out, stopping airflow. Then, pull the trigger back. This will bubble in the reservoir.
- We have an additional video demo on this step, please watch full video - at 7:52 we discuss this cleaning technique. See link below:
We appreciate your support so much and hope you enjoyed this demonstration on how to make a letter cake! Linking all products used in this demonstration below!
Be sure to tag us if you try painting luster dust onto your chocolate with Color Solution and Sterling Pearls! Click all links below to follow!
Facebook: The Sugar Art, Inc.
YouTube: The Sugar Art
The Color Solution
CREATE THE MOST INCREDIBLE DIY EDIBLE PAINT WITH OUR BRAND NEW FOOD COLOR PAINT SOLUTION! BEST USED WITH ELITE COLORS AND EDIBLE LUSTER DUSTS! FOR MORE INFORMATION AROUND THE PRODUCT AND FOR A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION, CLICK THE LINK BELOW! PLEASE… read more