Ed's here to teach you easy 4th of July cookies ANYONE can do! Coloring Cookie Dough has never been easier too! Our new highly intense Gel Food Coors makes coloring all baking mediums (cookie dough, icing, buttercream, fondant) a BREEZE! Check out Ed's full demonstration below:
The Sugar Art Gel Colors are up to 5x's stronger than all others on the market! We use the maximum amount of food color possible in our gel colors, instead of diluting them with white food color (titanium dioxide) like many others do. When you buy The Sugar Art Gels, rest assured you are purchasing the most vibrant gel color on the market!
So instead of coloring icing this 4th of July, color cookie dough instead! You'll absolutely love these easy 4th of July cookies and so will your friends & family!
FAQ'S ON OUR NEW GEL COLLECTION
ARE THE GELS AS INTENSE AS MASTER ELITES?
- They definitely are! To put into perspective, every single Gel Color we make has an entire jar of Master Elite Food Color in it! You will be shocked at the intensity of these Gels, it will take very small amounts to achieve the most gorgeous and vibrant tones!
ARE THEY FAT SOLUBLE & WILL THEY WORK IN CHOCOLATE?
- No and here's why: Fat Soluble Colors are fully activated and at most, they can be 40% the strength of gel colors (ie. water soluble pigments) like our New Gel Collection. They are homogenized Lake Colors, which essentially means - they are activated to their fullest potential.
- Creating separate color lines for icings, fondant, buttercream is essential for the end result. High-intensity colors that require activation through water (ie. moisture) will always outperform Lake Colors in intensity.
- So while it may be popular to use a collection that "works for all mediums" it's not exactly the best way to do it. As a color manufacturing company of 20+ years, we understand the science behind food color and do what is best for every ingredient.
- FOR AMAZING CHOCOLATE COLORS, Check Out our Choc Elite Color Line HERE!
DO YOUR GELS HAVE AN AFTERTASTE?
- All gel food coloring runs the risk of having an aftertaste, due to the preservatives required to make gel food colors. However, because you are using much less coloring with The Sugar Art Gels - your risk of having an aftertaste is MUCH less! We have tested our gels for 2 years and offer the best formulation possible.
DO YOU HAVE PLANS TO RELEASE EVEN MORE COLORS?
- ABSOLUTELY! To start, we have all of the most POPULAR primary and secondary colors! These are our top selling colors and will achieve a VAST ARRAY of color tones!
- Color expansion packs are already in the works, so be sure to follow along on TikTok, Instagram and Facebook for their releases!
TIME AND DEVELOPMENT IS STILL NEEDED WITH OUR GELS!
- Stop a shade or two lighter of the desired tone, as your color is very likely to deepen and intensify! Recommend 20 min wait time before adding even more gel color to your batches of icing, fondant, buttercream, etc.
- Depending on the ingredients the colors are used with, if it dries completely (ie. Royal Icing on Cookies) it may be a deeper / richer color. Where as in buttercream than never fully dries, it may be a bright / sharper tone!