Well guys, WE DID IT! The most VIBRANT Gel Food Colors by The Sugar Art are here! Just as Master Elites changed the industry, so will The Sugar Art Gel Colors! You will be BLOWN AWAY at their vibrancy and we cannot wait to see how these colors elevate your confections!
Original Gel Bundle
Powerful Gel Colors are here. Our Gel Color line is the most intense gel food color on the market! The power of Master Elites in liquid form. Achieve a vast array of tones from just one bottle. From pastels to the… read more
Breakdown of Our Intense Gel Colors Line
WHY GEL COLORS?
- It has been a lifelong goal of Edward's to make the most vibrant gel colors for the industry he loves. He achieved this goal with Master Elites and now wants to reach all bakers of all skill levels, offering equally powerful Gel Colors!
- Gel colors simplify the coloring process and save a lot of time for every baker. No need to wait for color crystals to dissolve or streaks to disappear, the Gel Colors resolve all of those limitations.
- With Master Elite Powder Colors, you must activate the color with moisture to ensure you do not use too much of it. With our new Gels, the color is ACTIVATED FOR YOU!
- Ed also knows everyone understands Gel Food Coloring. For those have been intimidated by the Master Elites and their potency, he has simplified it giving a much easier application to achieve high-intensity food colors in gel form.
- With our Gel Line we hope to reach not only our existing and loyal customers, but people who have never experienced the MAGIC of The Sugar Art Colors!
ARE THE GELS AS INTENSE AS MASTER ELITES?
- They definitely are! To put into perspective, every single Gel Color we make has an entire jar of Master Elite Food Color in it! You will be shocked at the intensity of these Gels, it will take very small amounts to achieve the most gorgeous and vibrant tones!
ARE THEY FAT SOLUBLE & WILL THEY WORK IN CHOCOLATE?
- No and here's why: Fat Soluble Colors are fully activated and at most, they can be 40% the strength of gel colors (ie. water soluble pigments) like our New Gel Collection. They are homogenized Lake Colors, which essentially means - they are activated to their fullest potential.
- Creating separate color lines for icings, fondant, buttercream is essential for the end result. High-intensity colors that require activation through water (ie. moisture) will always outperform Lake Colors in intensity.
- So while it may be popular to use a collection that "works for all mediums" it's not exactly the best way to do it. As a color manufacturing company of 20+ years, we understand the science behind food color and do what is best for every ingredient.
- FOR AMAZING CHOCOLATE COLORS, Check Out our Choc Elite Color Line HERE!
DO YOUR GELS HAVE AN AFTERTASTE?
- All gel food coloring runs the risk of having an aftertaste, due to the preservatives required to make gel food colors. However, because you are using much less coloring with The Sugar Art Gels - your risk of having an aftertaste is MUCH less! We have tested our gels for 2 years and offer the best formulation possible.
WILL THEY BE SOLD AS ONE BIG SET?
- YES! The original collection will be sold as one big set - however - sets will be limited as we keep up with the demand of the new Gel Line. So if you see them live, grab one!
DO YOU HAVE PLANS TO RELEASE EVEN MORE COLORS?
- ABSOLUTELY! To start, we have all of the most POPULAR primary and secondary colors! These are our top selling colors and will achieve a VAST ARRAY of color tones!
- Color expansion packs are already in the works, so be sure to follow along on TikTok, Instagram and Facebook for their releases!
TIME AND DEVELOPMENT IS STILL NEEDED WITH OUR GELS!
- Stop a shade or two lighter of the desired tone, as your color is very likely to deepen and intensify! Recommend 20 min wait time before adding even more gel color to your batches of icing, fondant, buttercream, etc.
- Depending on the ingredients the colors are used with, if it dries completely (ie. Royal Icing on Cookies) it may be a deeper / richer color. Where as in buttercream than never fully dries, it may be a bright / sharper tone!
GEL COLORS IN ROYAL ICING
GEL COLORS IN CAKE BATTER
We hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Tag us if you try any of our products or techniques in all of your social media posts too! Click the links below to follow!